July 2017 Market Summary Report for Central Texas; including Austin area, Travis, Williamson, and Hays Counties:
- The pace of single-family home starts in the Austin area are at their highest level in 10 years.
- Approximately 1,000 more home starts in the second quarter of 2017 than the year prior. More than half of these home starts were in the $250,000 – $299,999 price category, with Cedar Park/Leander West, Pflugerville and Kyle/Buda comprising nearly one-third of home starts activity.
- The median price for single-family homes continued to rise in July 2017, increasing to:
- $369,900 – up 7.2 percent year-over-year in Austin area
- $270,000 – up 13.1 percent in Hays
- $359,865 – up 7.4 percent inTravis County
- $274,450 – up 4.4 percent in Williamson County.
- In same time frame, active listings for single-family homes jumped by:
- 16.9 percent year-over-year to 7,965 in Austin area jumped
- 20 percent in Hays County,
- 13.3 percent in Travis County,
- 26 percent in Williamson County, and
- 10.2 percent in the city of Austin.
Austin Skyline Realty, Inc.
- p: (512)740-6945 c: (512)740-6945
- w: www.moeproperty.com e: email@example.com
- a: 11507 Hare Trail
- Austin, TX 78726